Last week dragged for me. It was not really a fun week. Infact, by Saturday, I was really feeling depressed and decided to stay put at home. Watching TV wasn't all that but I really wanted to have a pity party all by myself. By Sunday, I found my way to church cos I knew if I did not go to get my spirit lifted, this week will just be a continuation of last week.
For those who know, the motions of a Christian are easy in church - lift your hands, sing, listen and take notes, smile and greet people after the service. So I went through the motions but with a prayer in my heart that God will understand my moodiness and help me out of it. And why was I down in spirit? Unanswered prayers.
God, in His great wisdom and mercy, led me to message of Daniel's unrelenting fast of 21 days in Daniel chapter 10. The angel assigned to deliver the answer to his prayer from day one was delayed by the prince of Persia. But because Daniel did not relent in his prayer, the arch angel was dispatched to help the initial angel to ensure Daniel got his answer.
So why is it that we pray, then faint? It is a clear strategy of the devil to ensure we do not get delivery of our dispatched blessings. If blessings are dispatched as a result of prayers, then we would still need prayers to ensure that the blessings are received. If Daniel prayed one prayer for 21 fasting days, then we should not faint if we pray once or twice. We should not fold our arms or give up until we receive what we ask in line with His Word.
Many times, I have come across the acronym PUSH - Pray Until Something Happens. Most assuredly, it never hit home till I received it in answer to my discouraged heart.
Are you believing God for something? Please do not give up. Encourage yourself like David. Cast away any contrary thoughts and stay your mind on God. Indeed, He is the Author and Finisher of our faith and will uphold you in Jesus name.
Comments
Post a Comment